One of the most popular dishes at a backyard barbecue is the famous Sweet Chili Chicken Wonton Tacos. I’ve enjoyed a delicious dinner cooked using boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced Roma tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and habanera peppers, wrapped in tortilla in a flour tortilla shell and heated up to complete the wonderful spicy blend of spices.
Sometimes it’s just nice to sit down outside and enjoy your food without the fuss and activity of cooking it. If you’re looking for a healthy, easy recipe for summertime barbeque chicken, try these delicious and easy to make Sweet Chili Chicken Wonton Tacos.
Why you will love these delicious Chicken Wonton Tacos Recipes: How to cook Chicken Wonton Tacos in your own home. Can these chicken wonton tacos be spicy? What should I do with the extra bread?
How can I serve them with tortilla chips? These are just some of the many questions that you might have when making these chicken based tacos recipes.
If you are looking for a simple yet delicious healthy snack, Chicken Wonton Tacos is the answer! It’s so easy to throw together, and the ingredients are mostly common.
These Tacos can be used for a variety of different Mexican dishes or anything else you like. In this article I’m going to show you how to make some very tasty Chicken Wonton Tacs. Youll Love these crispy chicken wonton tacos:
Chicken Wonton TacosCourse: LunchCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Light and tasty, these make a great appetizer or a quick and easy main dish! Kids love them!
⅓ head red cabbage, sliced and chopped
4 small carrots, peeled and grated
¼ cup coleslaw dressing
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 pound ground chicken
¼ cup stir-fry sauce
14 wonton wrappers
- Mix cabbage, carrots, coleslaw dressing, vinegar, soy sauce, and teriyaki together in a bowl; refrigerate until flavors blend, 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ground chicken in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add stir-fry sauce, cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and simmer.
- Form wonton wrappers into taco shapes and arrange between the cups of an inverted muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken mixture into each wonton taco shell and top with slaw.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Chicken breast or turkey can be substituted for the ground chicken, if desired.
- Green cabbage can be used in place of the red cabbage.
- Plain yogurt can be used in place of the coleslaw dressing. Olive oil can replace sesame oil, if desired.
- For spicy option, use red pepper flakes as desired in meat mixture.
Reference : allrecipes.