A Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep is a mouthwatering healthy recipe that you can make in a jiffy. It’s so easy to prepare because all you need is the Mexican taste of the salsa, the shredded chicken and of course, the fresh cilantro lime cauliflower rice.
You will also need a tortilla, fresh vegetables, black beans or prepared cilantro lime cauliflower rice, salsa and your choice of how much of each you want to have. Serve it up with some corn chips and everybody is sure to be thrilled.
If you have ever eaten a chicken burrito bowl at a restaurant, then you know exactly what we are talking about when we talk about the magic of taste and texture. The chicken, battered and cooked to perfection, dipped in cheese and sour cream, is a sight to behold.
If you happen to be one of those people that can eat an entire chicken in one meal, then perhaps starting a burrito bowl trend in your own home is well overdue. Here are some great ideas for food for the party: My family loves to eat a grilled chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep at least once a week.
It is so simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. This healthy Mexican meal prep is made with just some cooked white meat, some Guacamole, some salsa, some black beans, some cilantro lime cauliflower rice, and tortilla chips.
No cooking outside of what is on the tortilla and nothing is baked in the stomach of the chicken. This meal is so simple, yet everyone loves it!
Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal PrepCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Think of this as healthier (and cheaper!) Chipotle bowls that you can have all week long. Save time and calories here!!!
1 cup brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15.25-ounces) can whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought
- For the chipotle cream sauce
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together Greek yogurt, chipotle pepper, garlic and lime juice; set aside.
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder and paprika; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook until chicken has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Divide rice into meal prep containers. Top with ground chicken mixture, black beans, corn and pico de gallo, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
Reference : damndelicious.