The thing about Buffalo Chicken is that no two BBQ lovers’ Buffalo Chicken will ever be the same. Because of its unique combination of flavors, there are few foods that can top it for deliciousness and style.
If you’re looking for a great recipe to make at home, why not try a Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers recipe. It’s not difficult to make and the result is a tasty, healthy alternative to a traditionally fried chicken meal.
With most ingredients available in your local grocery store and a simple internet connection, you’re well on your way to enjoying Buffalo Chicken at home. If you are looking for a healthy and very tasty food option that can be made in the confines of your own home, you will love Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers.
For starters, they are relatively cheap and filling, as well as being very easy to make. What’s great about it is that you can prepare this dish without using any frozen vegetables, and it still tastes great.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it tastes just like buffalo chicken, yet has very few calories, and none of the unhealthy ingredients that often come with buffalo chicken. If you have never really tried to eat chicken with no additional sauces, then Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers may just change the way that you think about this popular American dish for the better.
If you are looking for a healthy yet tasty recipe to top off your next meal, you should consider serving a Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers. These are truly authentic and a must try in your family.
To make this recipe just a little bit healthier you can replace the mozzarella cheese with some baby food, low fat sour cream, or even chives. If you want to kick things up a notch, you can serve it with some fresh baked tortilla chips or have everyone chip in with their own ingredients to create a delicious and mouth-watering snack.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed PeppersCourse: Beef Main DishesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Break out the hot sauce and grab some bell peppers, we’re making Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers for dinner!
3 bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped onion white or yellow
2 small jalapenos seeds and stems removed (3 TBSP diced)
1 heaping cup chopped cooked chicken*
4 oz grated cheese (I used pepper jack + cheddar)
3 TBSP Frank’s Red Hot sauce
1 TBSP butter melted
salt and pepper to taste
- CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE TOPPINGS:
chopped green onion
1 small jalapeño sliced thin
extra hot sauce to taste
red pepper flakes a fiery garnish!
ranch or blue cheese dressing
crumbled blue cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook chicken via your preferred method if you’re not using up leftover chicken from a previous meal or meal prep-a-thon. See notes for tips and options!
- Next slice the top off of one of the peppers (horizontally like a lid) and chop the ring of bell pepper around the stem so you have 1/3-1/2 cup of diced bell pepper. Set aside.
- Slice each remaining bell pepper in half.
- Hollow out each pepper, removing stem, seeds, etc…
- Lay pepper halves on a baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes until al-tente or for 10-15 minutes for softer peppers.
- While the peppers cook, sauté your onion, jalapeños and bell pepper until tender.
- Add your chicken along with roughly 75% of the cheese, hot sauce, and melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stuff your peppers to the brim with filling and top with remaining cheese.
- Return peppers to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until hot and melty.
- Top with your choice of toppings from the list above and dig in!
- This recipe is a fabulous use for leftover or rotisserie chicken! If making it fresh (or in advance to use in speedy weeknight dinners) feel free to use your favorite cooking method. Grilled, poached, pressure cooked, slow cooked, baked… anything goes!
- I cooked up two frozen chicken thighs and had the perfect amount of chicken for this recipe! They were speedily cooked in pressure cooker with zero thawing needed. Super awesome, right?!
Reference : peasandcrayons.