If you are looking for a healthy yet creative and delicious appetizer or dinner idea then you might want to try the Carrot Meatballs with Mint Cauliflower Rice. A healthy recipe that is not only tasty but also healthy is always better than one that is full of fat, calories and sugar as well.
If you are using coconut cauliflower rice in your recipe, then it will help to keep the fat content down as coconut cauliflower rice is known to be low in fats. You can make this dish in the slow cooker too.
When you try this recipe along with some grilled chicken, you will have a mouth watering and healthy meal that everyone will love. Carrot Meatballs With Mint Cauliflower Rice is an excellent recipe for springtime, one I have enjoyed every year as a kid growing up in Southern California.
I can remember sitting around the kitchen during lunchtime and creating several different kinds of recipes using this particular cilantro. The kids loved eating the spicy meatballs with the mint cauliflower rice that we made and by the time we came back from school it was dinner.
I can still remember how good I felt after a big bowl of carrot meatballs with mint cauliflower rice. I am always very pleased with any recipe that uses fresh vegetables and makes use of my favorite ingredients like garlic, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, and cucumbers.
Carrot Meatballs With Mint Cauliflower Rice…An Easy, 15 minute meal prep idea loaded with Italian taste and a secret veggie you probably didn’t know you needed! Served with fresh raw, garden-fresh veggies such as broccoli & peppers, along with your favorite pasta sauce, this meatball recipe will leave your guests raving and wishing they had the foresight to prepare for this healthy alternative to frying meats!
Loaded with lean beef or ground pork, along with a generous helping of chopped, finely chopped onions, peppers, mushrooms & olives; this delicious meatball recipe makes a hearty meatball recipe that everyone will love. The unique and healthy ingredients work together to create a flavorful and healthy snack that satisfies each individual appetite. A fresh, home-cooked meal is the best way to enjoy Italian cuisine at it’s best.
Carrot Meatballs With Mint Cauliflower RiceCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy, 15-minute prep meatballs loaded with Italian flavor and a hidden veggie. Paired with lemon mint cauliflower rice for a filling, low carb meal!
1 lb. lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
1 large egg
1/2 cup Carrots grated
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- Cauliflower Rice
4 cups cauliflower riced
1 tbsp. lemon juice
4 mint leaves
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Water
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add carrots and ground meat to the bowl. Using your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly throughout the meat. Using a small ice cream scoop, roll the meat into balls until 18 meatballs are made and the meat is gone.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan and heat 4 minutes then add the meatballs to the pan.
- Cook meatballs 5 minutes then flip to cook on the other size another 5 minutes. Rotate the meatballs a few more times in the pan cooking 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove meatballs from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add ¼ cup water to the skillet with riced cauliflower. Cook 5 minutes until softened then add lemon juice and mint leaves. Stir to combine.
- Divide the meatballs and cauliflower rice into 4 even servings placing them in meal prep containers with fresh lemon wedges.
Reference : mealpreponfleek.