Caprese Chicken Recipe is a very easy recipe to follow and the ingredients are relatively inexpensive for most of us. Classic caprese salad is a popular summer salad most people are familiar with and that includes it – fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil, and maybe a touch of balsamic vinegar.
This caprese chicken recipe takes this popular salad and goes a step further by adding extra chicken breasts to the mix. This makes a delicious change from the more traditional chicken salad and it’s also very easy to prepare.
Caprese Chicken Recipes is so easy to make. All you have to do is a bit of extra work with your recipes and toss them into the oven or the microwave, whichever suits your cooking style best.
What we’ve found from our family and friends, is that this chicken is light on the stomach and very tasty. And, the most delicious part about it is that while the recipe is extremely easy to prepare, it’s also relatively cheap to prepare and it’s a great meal for any occasion!
A Caprese Chicken Recipe adds another dimension to your normal summer diet. The classic Italian summer salad–salad or caprese–is usually a tasty variation on the basic tomato and basil vinaigrette.
In essence, traditional caprese salads are variations on the same theme: fresh tomatoes, ripe mozzarella, fresh basil, a touch of olive oil and maybe a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar. Sometimes, instead of using all that rich Italian food stuff, people will add canned, store-bought chicken breast. This Caprese Chicken Recipe takes that classic salad and adds a twist by incorporating chicken breasts into the mix.
Caprese Chicken RecipeCourse: Chicken Main DishesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
You won’t believe how easily and quickly this simple Caprese Chicken comes together. I’ve cooked this on my grill and grill pan with equally good results (although I’m always partial to using our kettle grill in the summer!). This chicken is very impressive for a dinner party or gathering, and doubles easily – see the recipe notes for my doubling hack if you’re limited to using just a grill pan.
4 5-7 oz chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
2 tsp italian seasoning
2 tsp sea or kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 even pieces
2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced into 1/2″ slices
fresh basil, to taste
aged balsamic or balsamic glaze, to taste
- Prepare the chicken. Place one chicken breast onto a sheet of parchment paper. Fold the paper over the chicken. Using a rolling pin, pound the chicken breast to even thickness of a little less than 1″. Set aside and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Combine the italian seasoning, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle with the seasoning blend. Flip the chicken oven, then oil and season the other side.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Place the chicken breasts onto the grill and cook 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 155°F using an instant read thermometer (the chicken will come to proper temperature in the next step).
- Top each chicken breast with 2 slices fresh mozzarella. Continue grilling 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a platter or individual plates. Top each chicken breast with 2-3 slices of fresh tomatoes, then sprinkle with fresh basil and additional salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.
Reference : oursaltykitchen.