For those of you who are lovers of grilled cheese, but cannot seem to find the time to make it that day, then making it at home may be the answer. Make the best grilled cheese for breakfast by preparing a hearty breakfast of leftover hamburgers, sauteed onion, and of course, plenty of shredded cheese and make them in individual foil packages for truly perfect grilled cheese.
You can bake the leftovers or heat them up in the microwave if they are a little bit more challenging to make. This will definitely be one easy way to get your kids involved in making meals for the week.
The kids will love making food and the teacher will love how easy and tasty it is to prepare for a big surprise the next morning. When I was young, Breakfast Grilled Cheese was my favorite kind of meal.
Like many of you, I would wake up in the morning and eat a big slice of freshly grilled cheese on the bread with my cereal. My only problem with it was that the next morning, it would be cold.
Now, that most of the young ones are starting to get old, they’re starting to get out of a rut. So it’s nice when friends have ideas, just like me! Here are a few Breakfast Grilled Cheese ideas that you might like to try out; however, make sure that you put your personal touch on them!
Have you ever made this amazing breakfast grilled cheese before? If you haven’t yet, you are in for a real treat! So, what are you waiting for? If you have never tried it before, then you are in for an amazing treat.
Breakfast Grilled CheeseCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Breakfast Grilled Cheese is about to be your new favourite weekend guilty pleasure. Packed with bacon, egg, sausage and cheese, why wouldn’t it be?!
4 slices Large Thick White Bread
9oz / 250g Sausage Meat (see notes)
6 single rashers of Streaky Bacon, cooked to preference
6 slices American Processed Cheese Slices (see notes)
6 medium Eggs, beaten
2 tbsp Butter, plus more to spread
2 tbsp Fresh Chives
Sriracha, as needed
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add 9oz/250g sausage to a large frying pan and brown over medium heat until completely cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Melt in 2 tbsp butter and turn down heat to low. Pour in eggs and stir into large soft curds. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from pan. Slightly undercooked is best so it doesn’t go rubbery in the grilled cheese.
- Wipe out pan with paper towels and turn off heat.
- Place two slices of bread down, spread with butter and flip over. Top in the following order: Cheese -> Sausage -> Bacon -> Egg -> Chives -> Sriracha -> Cheese -> Bread -> Butter.
- Turn on heat to a medium and fry each side until golden brown. Be careful as you flip that the filling doesn’t fall out.
Reference : dontgobaconmyheart.