BLT Egg Rollers is a food blog dedicated to bringing you news of the latest and greatest new products that make their way to store shelves. If you’ve never heard of them, BLT is a company based out of San Diego that makes egg rolls using ingredients from around the globe and is known for their use of organic eggs.
These “food sliders” are a healthier alternative to traditional egg rolls, using sustainable eggs, and come in a variety of flavors. Some have been even more so healthy than a BLT Egg Roll, in which a quarter pound of vegetarian truffles has been sprinkled into the egg, which will increase its nutritional benefits by up to 28%.
If you’re looking for something tasty to share at your next cookout, these sliders may be just what you’re looking for. If you’ve been around the block a couple of times, or if you’ve dined out at a few quality hotels in San Diego, you may have sampled BLT Egg Sliders once before.
I’d say they are some of my most favorite appetizers on the menu, and a definite must try for any food-loving soul. These thin, flaky breaded strips of bread are very tasty and easy to make. One bite into one of these BLT Egg Sliders and you’re hooked – you won’t be able to get enough.
These are definitely some of the best tasting entrees you can find anywhere! BLT Egg Sliders is made by The Biltmore Hotel and The Union Hotel in San Francisco, California.
In case you haven’t heard, the BLT is one of the most popular restaurants in San Francisco. The restaurant that makes these wonderful creations specializes in BLT Egg Lovers meals.
Each order is accompanied with a delicacy such as BLT prepared by The Union Hotel’s Executive Chef, Jamie Lewis and The Biltmore Hotel’s Executive Chef, Adam Blank. There are many different ways to enjoy the San Francisco BLT Egg Lovers menu and this article will give you tips on how to order the best BLT meal at The Union Hotel or The Biltmore.
BLT Egg SlidersCourse: Appetizers & SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Do you like slider recipes of all kinds? Why not try these bun-less BLT egg sliders? These easy appetizers are not only delicious, but also filling and they only take minutes to put together.
6 Small Hard Boiled Eggs
2 teaspoons Mustard, see note 1
6 Strips Bacon, cooked, see note 2
2 Tomatoes, sliced, see note 3
3 Baby Romaine Lettuce, see note 4
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Cut each hard-boiled egg in half. Take one half, turn it over and cut some of the white off so that when you turn it back over, it will stand nicely. This will be the bottom half. Make sure not to do this with the other half (out of 12 halves, you will need to prep 6 only).
- Now, sprinkle each egg yolk with salt and black pepper and spread some mustard over. Top the bottom halves with a strip of bacon, a slice of tomato, a piece of lettuce and cover with the other egg half. Secure with a toothpick or cocktail stick.
- Sprinkle some more black pepper over as well as some sesame seeds (optional).
- Mustard can be substituted with mayo, horseradish or ketchup.
- Bacon – use any bacon you like. You can buy ready-cooked or cook it yourself. You might also need less then 6 strips/slices if you cut each of them in 3 pieces instead of 2 (this will depend on their length tough).
- Tomatoes – I used tomatoes on vine that were smaller that your ordinary tomatoes but larger than cherry tomatoes. These were perfect for this recipe. Try avoiding using very large tomatoes. Plum tomatoes are also a great choice!
- Romaine lettuce can be substituted with other lettuce variety.
- These egg sliders can be prepared a few hours ahead of time. I recommend 2-4 hours max. I don’t recommend preparing them overnight as the lettuce wilts and the tomatoes also don’t look their best. However, you can cook the eggs and bacon the night before serving.
- I prefer using small-medium size eggs. Large eggs might be more difficult to eat. If this does not concern you, then go ahead and use large eggs.
Reference : appetizeraddiction.