There’s something about BBQ Chicken Pasta that makes it a real crowd-pleaser. It’s easy to make, relatively cheap to buy (especially if you buy the frozen stuff), and you can use it over again to create new interesting variations that your friends and family will absolutely love.
Here are our favorite recipes for this delicious pasta – and I hope one day you’ll be as excited to make it that you’re going to make it yourself! Making BBQ chicken pasta is a simple tasty weekend brunch dish that is rich with flavor.
This delicious BBQ Chicken Pasta really is simple to prepare, it is delicious, healthy and has great ingredients too – and it is absolutely delicious served warm as well. Made from just five simple ingredients this delicious pasta dish is sure to become a family favourite, and one the kids will love as well!
If you are looking for a great family-friendly meal that kids and adults alike will love, then you definitely need to try BBQ Chicken Pasta. This is the perfect solution if your kids are a little more raw meat-eater than you are.
For one thing, they will love the fact that you made it themselves and that they can help to shape it into whatever they want it to be. (Or just because). Here’s how to make this delectable dish:
BBQ Chicken PastaCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This BBQ Chicken Pasta is easy to make and uses simple ingredients. It’s saucy, cheesy, quick and absolutely bursting with flavour!!
2 Chicken Breasts, bring close to room temp (approx 7oz/200g per breast)
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp each: Garlic Powder, Salt
1/4 tsp each: Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper (or to spice preference)
Olive Oil, as needed
10.5oz / 300g Penne Pasta, or other short cut pasta
3.5oz / 100g Bacon, diced
1 cup / 100g Cheddar, grated
1x 14oz / 400g can of Chopped Tomatoes
1/2 cup / 125ml Chicken Stock
1/2 cup / 125ml BBQ Sauce
1 medium Red Onion, finely diced
1 small Red Pepper, finely diced
Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Butterfly your chicken breasts right through to create 4 thinner, equal sized breasts. Coat in 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder & salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fry over medium/high heat for a few mins each side until starting to char and just cooked through the centre. Remove from pan and allow to rest. Just before needed, slice your chicken into thin strips, ensuring you cut at a slight angle and against the natural grain of the chicken.
- Meanwhile, fry 3.5oz/100g bacon over medium heat in the leftover oil from the chicken (add more if needed) until it starts to brown. Add 1 finely diced medium onion and 1 finely diced small red pepper and continue frying until the bacon is crisp and the veg is soft and starting to char.
- Pour in 1/2cup/125ml chicken stock, 1 can of chopped tomatoes and 1/2cup/125ml BBQ Sauce. Stir until fully blended then allow to simmer on low for 10-15mins, or until the tomatoes start to soften/burst and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, add 300g/10.5oz pasta to salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Just before draining, retain a cup of starchy pasta water.
- Combine pasta with sauce and pour in 1/4cup/60ml of your starchy pasta water.
- Once combined, stir through your chicken strips and 1cup/100g cheddar until the cheese melts and goes gooey. Thin out with a dash more starchy pasta water if needed. Season to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Reference : dontgobaconmyheart.